Time continues to tick at its usual speed without showing any mercy for procrastinators like me. Mentally, I'm still trapped in the month of August but little did I know that the month of November is coming to an end, in the twinkle of an eye. The rapid movement of time is starting to tickle my sentimental side and leave me pondering about what I've done in the past 331 days (but let's not get into that).
I'm extremely unprepared for the month of December, which is usually my favourite month of the year. To think of it, December has not really been quite generous to me since the beginning of my university life, in which I would be either preparing for my examination/assignment submission at this time of the year. However, December 2010 has left quite a memorable impact on me as it is the year where I get to enjoy the month of December without any unnecessary pressure and stress (minus work pressure, but at least I do not need stuff my brain with piles of notes and keywords). I was undergoing my internship programme in one of the most renowned firm. Despite the workloads, there was neither examination nor assignment submission pending in my to-do-list. It also marks my first time on my birthday and being away from my hometown.
Despite having a small celebration, it's always good to know that less is sometimes more. The simple joy of being around with my family members and having a simple dinner at one of the restaurants in the town is enough to bright up my mundane life. Even though that was nearly a year ago, however, it feels as if things had just happened yesterday. In less than a week, I'll be another year older. Being a sucker for birthday celebrations, I have to admit that I've always looked forward to my birthday and I'm not embarassed to admit that I view birthday really highly and do not mind being cheesy once a year. However, whether it's due to my rapid aging or horrible schedule, I do not feel the anticipation at all this year. I'm living in denial and I just do not want December to come that fast. I'm really afraid of what I'm going to face. If only there are 31 days in the month of November, I will be another day away from the month of December. If only.
P.S. One thing that I should be grateful is if the world ever ends in end of 2012, at least I get to celebrate my birthday again next year before the hoo haa.. =)
P.S. One thing that I should be grateful is if the world ever ends in end of 2012, at least I get to celebrate my birthday again next year before the hoo haa.. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment