As winter is approaching sooner than we can imagine, I thought it's wise to start shopping for my winter jackets to avoid myself being frozen solid. Hence, I went to Trafford Centre (for the first time) yesterday after doing some serious research about the varieties it offers there. The journey yesterday marked the first time I travelled beyond the 7 km radius that I've been travelling around for the past 2 months.
The journey from Hulme to Trafford Centre took about 20 minutes at the rate of £2.80 per ride (with bus X50 or 250). Contrary to what we had back home, the public transport here is extremely punctual and the frequency of the available buses is just too good to be true.
| The outside view of Old Trafford |
Trafford Centre is located in Greater Manchester away from the Manchester City Centre which we always visit. As the name suggests, Trafford Centre is located a stone's throw away from every Manchester United fan's dream, the Old Trafford.
Trafford Centre is an extremely huge place to shop with awesome varieties to choose from. It offers most of the brands that you can think of - everything under one roof. It's definitely much bigger than Arndale which is situated in the City Centre. The architecture of Trafford Centre reminds me of the blend of Sunway Pyramid, Mid Valley and Genting's First World Plaza - all combined into one. The reason why I have to simply include First World Plaza is because it sports a merry-go-round (Victoria Carousel), a casino and even the fake blue sky ceiling, exactly like what you can see there.
| 2 winter jackets, 2 pair of pants and 1 foot rescue cream (to rescue my badly cracked heels) |
Having done my proper research, I did not face any difficulty in choosing pieces of garments that I want from my favourite brands. It was more like a pick, try and pay session rather than the normal random shopping session. As a result, I managed to achieve high time-efficiency and grab a lot of good hauls as well. The amount of discounts offered are just simply irresistible.
I spent around 6 hours in Trafford Centre from having zero preparation to being fully armored for the upcoming winter. I need to take some time after my final examination in December to really spend a good day in Trafford Centre to explore the place further. At least I know where to go when I'm bored after this. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment