Just so you know, I survive the ordeal! I managed to pass 2 out of my 5 ACCA papers! Voila! I couldn't remember how many donkey years ago since I was so nervous over my results and the level of ecstasy is probably indescribable. With another 4 months to go before the arrival of the June sitting, I shall appreciate every single moment of freedom now.
![]() |
| Homade Sushi Platter |
On a random note, I have brought my cooking skills to another level recently, by diversifying my forte into the field of Japanese cooking. Constantly craving for Japanese food but being on a tight budget, I thought of the the ultimate solution, which is by making these little cuties myself. Surprisingly, the entire process was not difficult, although I have to admit that it was very time consuming. However, the entire process ended with nothing but satisfaction. Looking at the colourful pieces of thoroughly made sushis really made my day. This is when the phrase "Patience is Virtue" really pays off.
![]() |
| Homemade Tempura - Enoki Mushroom, Prawn, Crabstick and Green Beans |
During my second attempt, I made some tempuras for side dish as well. I especially love the enoki mushroom tempura for its awesome texture. The downside? Well, the tempuras were kind of oily. A little note to myself is to absorb the oil with kitchen towel before serving them (in the future). Nevertheless, I was extremely pleased with the outcome. Best of all, preparing my own Japanese dishes is an economical alternative to satisfy my craving as it not cause a big hole in my pocket. The total cost was less than £10 (for a portion of 4), in contrast to £2.90 - £5.90 for two pieces of sushis at the local Japanese eateries. On top of it, the overall satisfaction is priceless. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment