Nothing comes easy in life. Undeniably, determination and effort are crucially important to achieve all the good things in life. My application for postgraduate programme has been really harsh on me recently. There are just too many complications occurred along the journey. Just when I thought I had filled in all the necessary sections in the forms and had provided them with all the necessary documents, there had to simply crush my hope again and again. I had been waiting patiently for every single day since January and it was not until February that I was told that I was required to provide the university with a copy of ACCA transcript to prove that I am currently a full time student for this programme at my current university (in the first place, ACCA is not even a requirement for the postgraduate programme). Upon submitting the transcript, I waited patiently again until recently when I was told that I have to provide the university with my IELTS score as part of the English language requirements. To make things worse, they will not continue processing the application until I am done with my IELTS test. IELTS has always been a part of the requirement for a conditional offer. However, why does the university have to be unusual this time by not offering me a conditional offer at all? Why does the university have to stop processing the application altogether? The date for the next IELTS exam will be in the month of May. By the time the result is released, I am pretty sure that there will be no capacity left for the postgraduate course. I had been doing my research for months since end of 2011 for a suitable postgraduate programme. I thought I have found the ideal choice until today. Apparently, patience does not pay off, sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment