This is quite a special year for me as it marks the first time I'm celebrating my birthday abroad. What makes it more special is that I'll be having 32 hours of birthday instead of 24 hours. Since 4 p.m. onwards, I've been receiving birthday wishes on Facebook (due to the time difference), which I sort of considered as the beginning of my birthday. Meanwhile, I'll be having my birthday here all the way until 11.59 p.m. tomorrow night. Hence, that's how the figure of 32 hours is obtained, for you curious cats out there.
Life has been quite mundane as usual. It's basically a big routine everyday. Two days ago, my friends had a mini surprise birthday celebration for me. One of them specially prepared a unique dish, Rosemary Baked Chicken for the occassion. The moment I stepped into the kitchen, it was pitch black with nothing but a well-lit candle glowing on the dining table. I was so surprised and stunned for a second. It was definitely a really heart-warming moment that shall be in my memory for years to come.
At the same time, I've decided to logout from my Facebook account temporarily. I've given myself a quest, which is not logging in to Facebook for 10 hours. By the end of 10 hours, I'll login to see how many notifications will I be getting. The mission has begun an hour ago and it will be all the way until 2.30 a.m. at the midnight before I'm able to access to my Facebook account again. Meanwhile, I'll continue to indulge myself with piles of notes and textbooks.

No comments:
Post a Comment